Translate

Monday, July 30, 2012

Upgrade?

Well, I applied to get trained in MRI, so that would make 4 modalities I am proficient in, Radiography, Computed Tomography, Bone Densitometry, and Magnetic Resonance Imaging. There's another fella who wanted to apply, but he's full time, and the position is part time. This leads me into one of the things I really DON'T like about my job. You ready for it................................POLITICS! Anytime you have a bunch of different people working together, in any field, politics will rear its ugly, malformed head. Some people bust ass and get no rewards, others whine and complain and work harder at not doing their job and get paid more than anyone. It's ridiculous. If I dragged ass and was slow and lazy and fought to get out of doing tests maybe i'd get money, but I'd also have a hard time sleeping at night. The people who suffer are the patients, plain and simple, and it's annoying beyond belief. So if i get his MRI gig, i'll be pissing off someone, but I know that the patients who I treat will get the best care I can give, and that's what's really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility is a plus.