Translate

Friday, August 3, 2012

Racing with the Lab staff.

Let's say you were talking crap and some guy threw you down a flight of stairs. Metal ones. Rusty Metal ones .You get the idea. After waiting for three days your cuts get infected and you have to go to see a doctor. You go to the ER, the doctor sees you, orders a bunch of xrays to see if you broke your ass and a bunch of laboratory testing to see if you have a systemic infection. These orders all print out in their respective departments at the same time. Then, the race is on.

         I jump out of my chair and get to the ER as fast as I can, yet somehow, the lab techs and their superhuman speed always make it there first. I've tried locking the door, I've tried sneaking in the ER the back way, and I've even tried leaving a trail of M n M's that leads outside to trick them, but they're too smart to fall for my schemes. It's frustrating to have to wait when the only patience you have is for when you're dealing with actual patients. Just kidding of course, the lab work needs to be drawn first  because it takes longer to run, but I still like to look at it as a competition with my friends who work there ;)

5 comments:

  1. This has happened to me many times, cuz I'm the lab superhero!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha all the time, I usually just wait for 10-15 minutes before I go get the patient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Davidius...when are you going to learn that lab techs are simply the best. Just kidding. I will help you out any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jodi!
    At the end of the day it's all in what's the best interest of the patient, and those lab results are really important to the overall diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete

Civility is a plus.